Cardinals free agent QB Drew Stanton says he would prefer to be back in Arizona next year, but will move on if he has to.
“You try to look through the fog, but sometimes you can’t,” Stanton said, via AzCardinals.com. “There have been multiple times that I’ve gone through this process when I thought I was making the right decision, and then a curveball gets thrown my way after you sign, or right before you sign, or all that stuff. So you don’t know. I want to surround myself with good organizations that have good people within them. I think this is one of those places. So I don’t want to leave here, but at the same time, if I have to, then I will.”
- Cardinals free agent S Rashad Johnson tells Sirius XM NFL Radio that he has mixed emotions entering the offseason.
- He likes being in Arizona and playing for the Cardinals, but admits: “Some times change is inevitable.“
“Jerry told me recently that he will unequivocally not take a quarterback at No. 4, where the Cowboys draft this year. I believe him,” Brandt writes his article about which quarterbacks the Cowboys could consider drafting this year. “It makes sense if you think Romo will make a full recovery from offseason surgery, will be your starter for at least three more years, and your team has a window of opportunity that will remain open by filling more glaring needs with the top pick in the draft.”
- Ian Rapoport mentions that the Falcons are likely to be in the market for receiver help, especially now that they’ve released veteran WR Roddy White.
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said recently that he anticipates Adrian Peterson having the same role in 2016 as he did last year.
“I think he can still handle the same role he’s had,” Zimmer said, via the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “I think we have to do a better job of continuing trying to get him more space to run so he’s not running into a hundred guys all the time. But I do feel good about McKinnon’s role and being able to take some plays off him because he’s good and also Asiata if we get him back.”
- Zimmer also mentioned that Jerick McKinnon will likely have a bigger role next season.
- According to Matt Vensel, the Vikings appear to be open to the idea of re-signing free agent RB Matt Asiata.