- Kevin Patra and Conor Orr of NFL.com run down six potential landing spots for veteran DE Mario Williams including the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, Giants, Eagles, and Jaguars.
- Others have tossed out the Falcons and Buccaneers as two other teams worth keeping an eye on for Williams.
- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers won’t tender a contract to restricted free agent LB Danny Lansanah.
- However, Auman doesn’t rule out the Bucs re-signing him in free agency.
“It’s in my gut that I’m here (next season),” Allen said.
Allen also explained his decision to hire notable Drew Rosenhaus this offseason in preparation for free agency.
“Coming off the season…it was a difficult year for everyone and especially me,” Allen said last week, via Colts.com. “I just thought I needed someone with a certain expertise to really show teams and get teams to understand that one season doesn’t define my career, that I am an elite tight end in the National Football League, which my film shows.”
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans are expected to retain WR Cecil Shorts at his $2.75 million salary, barring an unexpected change.