NFL Rumors: Free Agents, Jason Pierre-Paul, Nolan Carroll, & Buccaneers
- Jason Cole expects 49ers OL Alex Boone and Cardinals OT Bobby Massie to “get a lot of play” in the coming days. According to Cole, both players could land over $8 million per year in their next deals.
- In regards to Broncos DL Malik Jackson, Cole expects Denver to target a serious offensive lineman if they lose him to a team like the Jaguars.
- Chris Tomasson reports that the Vikings have reached out to the reps for Bengals free agent LB Vincent Rey.
- Kent Somers, citing an NFL source, reports that it isn’t looking good for backup QB Drew Stanton to re-sign with the Cardinals.
- Patriots re-signed FB James Develin to a one-year deal. (Mike Reiss)
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Giants aren’t the only team looking to sign DE Jason Pierre-Paul to a one-year contract.
- According to Garafolo, other teams and even Pierre-Paul himself are considering a one-year opportunity.
- Rand Getlin reports that Eagles free agent CBNolan Carroll, who is recovering from an ankle injury, is drawing interest from “several” NFC teams.
- Getlin adds that the Eagles are still in the mix for Carroll, even though they couldn’t get a deal worked out today.
- Greg Auman reports that Buccaneers free agent S Keith Tandy has been in talks to return to Tampa Bay.
- Auman believes there’s a “good chance” Tandy re-signs with the Bucs in next few days.
- The Buccaneers will not be tendering a contract to FB Jorvorskie Lane, making him an unrestricted free agent. (Greg Auman)
Tags Alex Boone Bobby Massie James Develin Jason Pierre-Paul Jorvorskie Lane Keith Tandy Malik Jackson Nolan Carroll Vincent Rey