NFL Rumors: Travis Benjamin, RBs, Giants, Steelers, & Titans
- Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports that free agent WR Travis Benjamin has “piqued” the interest of the Texans and several teams around the league, due to his combination of speed and explosiveness.
- Jeremy Fowler is hearing that, at least early on, players such as CB Sean Smith and S Eric Weddle will be out of the Steelers’ price range.
- According to Fowler, there’s mutual interest in an extension with CB William Gay, but it’s unlikely S Will Allen will return.
- The Steelers are reportedly open to re-signing QB Bruce Gradkowski, but want to see him throw first.
- Fowler adds that free agent NT Steve McLendon could still return, possibly on a multi-year deal that makes sense for both sides.
- As for offensive linemen Kelvin Beachum and Ramon Foster, Fowler mentions that both players want to return, but it’s “hardly a guarantee” right now.
- Terry McCormick reports that the Titans “should be” in the mix for Jets free agent DT Damon Harrison, but will have to see if something materializes.
Tags Adrian Clayborn Bruce Gradkowski Charles Johnson Chris Ivory Damon Harrison Derrick Shelby Doug Martin Eric Weddle Kelvin Beachum Lamar Miller Mario Williams Mike Harris Olivier Vernon Ramon Foster Rodney McLeod Sean Smith Steve McLendon Travis Benjamin Will Allen William Gay William Hayes