- Jets owner Woody Johnson mentioned that re-signing QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is a “priority” for them. Although, he wouldn’t commit to it being “the” priority. (Jordan Raanan)
- Johnson is still hopeful they’ll be able to get a deal done with Fitzpatrick before the start of the season. (Jordan Raanan)
- In regards to free agent QB Robert Griffin III, Johnson said he was “very impressive” as a person, and referred to RGIII as very “presentable.” (Jordan Raanan)
Packers GM Ted Thompson told reporters that there’s still a lot to happen in free agency.
“It’s interesting that people keep score,” Thompson said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “It’s still on-going. There are still surprises down the road I’m sure. I hope they’re good surprises as opposed to bad. But yeah, you have to kind of wait this thing out and see how it goes.”
Thompson also mentioned that they’ve considered a number of free agents, even though they’ve yet to sign any notable players.
“Yeah, well, just because we don’t sign somebody doesn’t mean we don’t consider people,” Thompson said. “We did a lot of considering, and we do all the time, wherever we felt like we could make our team better in the grand scheme things we’ve tried to do that. So far, it’s been kind of quiet from a fan’s standpoint and I’m sorry to say that.”
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera mentioned that he would like them to add another edge rusher “for the future,” but he also admitted that he likes their current group of pass rushers. (Joe Person)
- Clarence Hill reports that the Raiders will have a decision regarding whether or not to match the Cowboys’ offer sheet for DE Benson Mayowa either tonight or tomorrow.
- However, the Raiders have reportedly admitted that this is a tough contract to match.
- According to John Keim of ESPN, the Redskins are still in the market for a nose tackle.
Keim mentions that the Redskins were interested in Haloti Ngata before he returned to Detroit.
- In regards to draft options, Keim mentions Alabama’s Jarran Reed and A’Shawn Robinson as two players who could make sense for Washington.
- Keim adds that re-signing Terrance Knighton remains a possibility, but admits there hasn’t been a lot of contact between the two sides and his odds of returning are probably pretty low.