Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Kevin Hogan, Bears, Lions, & Rams
NFL Notes: Kevin Hogan, Bears, Lions, & Rams
- Ian Rapoport reports that Stanford QB Kevin Hogan has taken pre-draft visits with the Browns, Chargers, and Ravens while the Eagles, Buccaneers, Titans and Raiders all visited his school.
- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN believes there’s a “strong likelihood” of the Bears taking a defensive player in round one.
- Dickerson seems to think the Bears have a “high level of interest” in Clemson DE/OLB Shaq Lawson and considers him to be a safe pick.
- Even so, Dickerson could see them going in a number of directions including targeting a cornerback in round one.
- Dickerson isn’t sure about Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins being a fit for the Bears, given that they prefer larger and longer defensive linemen.
- Michael Rothstein writes that it would appear as though Tahir Whitehead is in position to be the Lions’ starting middle linebacker. Although, Rothstein could see Whitehead being pushed by Josh Bynes.
- Beyond that, Rothstein doesn’t rule out the Lions adding more competition at the position such as Reggie Ragland or Darron Lee.
- According to Rothstein, former second-round pick Kyle Van Noy is likely in a “win-or-be-in-danger spot” at strongside linebacker this season.
- The Lions appear to be doing extensive work on Louisiana Tech DT Vernon Butler. However, Rothstein mentions that Detroit may be able to trade back and pick up some more picks and still get Butler later on.
- According to Nick Wagoner, the Rams are well aware that they’ll need to add some help at tight end.
- Los Angeles has a limited number of draft picks to work with after trading up to No. 1 overall, but Wagoner believes they could target a tight end later on in the draft, depending of course on who’s still available.
- It may make more sense for the Rams to look to the free agent market for help in the coming weeks.
Tags Darron Lee Josh Bynes Kevin Hogan Kyle Van Noy Reggie Ragland Shaq Lawson Sheldon Rankins Tahir Whitehead Vernon Butler