- Jeff Darlington points out that while Sam Bradford‘s agent, Tom Condon, has elected to go with the narrative that his client’s trade request is football related, money is still a big factor in this situation.
- Bradford has a roster bonus due on the fifth day of 2017 league year worth $4 million, and he knows he stands very little shot of seeing this money, per Darlington.
- Darlington adds that a team trading for Bradford could still cut him to avoid the roster bonus, but they’d owe another $4 million base salary guarantee for 2017.
- While no trade guarantees Bradford’s long-term future, it would at the very least give him a shot at earning the 2017 roster bonus, per Darlington.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that UCLA LB Myles Jack is vulnerable to draft slide, due to concerns about his knee.
The torn lateral meniscus Jack sustained reportedly isn’t the issue for NFL teams. Instead, the concern is in regards to fact that cartilage and bone have begun to separate in Jack’s knee, creating an osteochondral defect.
According to Rapoport, if or when he bone and cartilage fully separate, Jack will need to undergo another procedure, which would likely lead to him missing an extended period of time. Beyond that, Rapoport doesn’t rule out the possibility that he may need to have microfracture surgery.
All of this has reportedly led to some concern whether Jack will ever get a second contract in the NFL.
“Is he a four-year player or a 10-year player? But technology is better now. So we really don’t know,” a top evaluator said to Rapoport.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the NFL is expected to speed up their ongoing investigation into Johnny Manziel‘s domestic violence incident this week now that he’s been indicted.
- Cole says that Manziel will likely receive a suspension from the league.
- Cole adds that Manziel’s ex-girlfriend and her lawyer is unaware of an NFL investigation at this point in time.
- An NFL coach tells Alex Marvez that he considers Ole Miss LT Laremy Tunsil to be a “once every five years player.”
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis told reporters on Tuesday that they’ve open to trading around to pick up some additional draft picks. (Geoff Hobson)
- Aaron Wilson says the Jaguars are displaying interest Buffalo OT John Kling.