- Albert Breer of The MMQB reports that the trade market for Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell “isn’t exactly hot on him” right now and it’s going to be “borderline impossible” for Pittsburgh to get proper value for him.
- The Jets have reportedly expressed interest in Bell, but Breer says that he doesn’t think New York is in play.
- Breer explains that Bell’s trade value is impacted by the fact that it would cost another team more than $855,000 a week to roster Bell the rest of the year.
- Beyond that, a new team can’t negotiate a long-term extension until January and won’t be able to franchise him for a third time due to the fact that it would cost them around $25 million. There are also concerns about Bell’s injury history and prior suspensions.
- Even so, Breer does wonder if a team like the Buccaneers could consider trading for him as a rental.
Bengals RB Joe Mixon didn’t practice on Wednesday or Thursday, but he has resumed running and cutting.
Mixon mentioned that his knee “feels great” but he’s still waiting for medical clearance.
“I wish … just waiting ‘til they clear me,” Mixon said, via Fletcher Page of the Cincinnati Enquirer.