Home Bengals AFC Notes: Bengals, Colts, Jaguars, Jets & Raiders
- Coley Harvey of ESPN does not expect the Bengals to select a defensive tackle within the first three rounds of the draft after the signing of DT Pat Sims.
- Harvey gets the impression that Cincinnati will draft an offensive tackle in the first round, a receiver in the second, and an edge rusher and receiver with their two third-round picks.
- Harvey envisions the Bengals selecting LSU OT La’el Collins if he is available at their No. 21 overall pick.
- Harvey thinks the Bengals will pass on re-signing free agent OT Anthony Collins.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN believes the chances are much lower for the Chiefs drafting WR Dorial Green-Beckham with their first-round pick, due to the addition of WR Jeremy Maclin and the character issues that follow Green-Beckham.
- Even so, Teicher thinks the Chiefs would have no issue drafting Louisville WR Devante Parker if he is available at No. 18, but the expectation is that he’ll likely be gone before they’re on the clock.
- Teicher can see the Chiefs having interest in drafting Alabama SS Landon Collins with their first-round pick, but does not expect him to be available at No. 18.
- Though Teicher views Florida State C Cameron Erving as a reach for the Chiefs at No. 18, he is still a logical fit based on their team needs.
- Due to the Chiefs owning 10 total picks in this years draft, Teicher would not be surprised to see the Chiefs trade around to acquire a veteran or picks for the 2016 draft.
- Mike Wells of ESPN believes the Colts will select a running back at “some point” during the draft, who will sit behind Frank Gore and adjust to the speed of the NFL.
- Free agent WR Hakeem Nicks is not expected to be retained by Indianapolis following the addition of Andre Johnson.
- Wells believes the Colts would draft a defensive lineman if they are not able to land Alabama SS Landon Collins with their No. 29 overall pick.
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN expects Georgia RB Todd Gurley to be drafted prior to the Jaguars No. 36 overall selection in the second round.
- DiRocco doesn’t see the Jaguars selecting a receiver during the first two rounds of the draft, though he views Central Florida WR Breshad Perriman as a logical fit as a deep-threat receiver.
- DiRocco believes that the Jaguars would select USC’s Leonard Williams over Florida’s Dante Fowler Jr. if both are available at their No. 3 overall pick.
- DiRocco lists: Kansas WR Tyler Lockett, Norfolk State DE Lynden Trail, Harvard OLB Zach Hodges and San Jose State S Jacquiski Tartt, as players to watch during the mid-rounds of the draft.
- DiRocco expects the Jaguars to target a running back, offensive line or receiver with their second-round pick.
- DiRocco mentions receivers Kevin White and Amari Cooper being “surprise” picks for the Jaguars.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN would be “stunned” if the Jets traded up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, but he could still see them grabbing him at No. 6 overall pick.
- Cimini writes that Florida OLB Dante Fowler Jr, Clemson OLB Vic Beasley, and Missouri DE Shane Ray are players that could be on the Jets’ radar at No. 6, though none of them are viewed as ideal fits for the team.
- Cimini believes the Jets will consider drafting Alabama WR Amari Cooper or West Virginia WR Kevin White if Mariota is off the board.