- Mike Klis of 9 News writes that one possibility worth watching involving the Broncos is a potential trade down the board from No. 5 overall and then targeting either a cornerback or inside linebacker.
- If the Broncos end up moving back, Klis suggests OSU CB Denzel Ward, Georgia LB Roquan Smith, Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch, Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds and Alabama LB Rashaan Evans as potential fits.
- There has been increasing buzz about the Browns opening the draft by selecting Josh Allen (NFLTR). If this were to happen, it’s possible Giants could stay put at No. 2 and take Sam Darnold with the Jets selecting either Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen. The Browns would then be up again at No. 4 overall following by the Broncos at No. 5, which means Denver could auction their pick to a team interested in a quarterback such as the Bills or Dolphins.
“The reason I came here is because of Andrew Luck, to keep it honest,” Ebron said, via Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star. “It doesn’t really matter where I played or where I went. I just wanted a quarterback that I knew could get me the ball and pretty much work with me the way I knew that I needed to be worked with. And I think Andrew Luck was the perfect fit.”
- Houston QB Kyle Allen impressed at the Texans’ local prospect day. (Ian Rapoport)
- The Texans signed QB/WR Joe Webb to a one-year, $1.005 million contract that includes a $90,000 signing bonus and $915,000 base salary. He has a salary-cap figure of $720,000 for the 2018 season. (Aaron Wilson)