- Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns’ ownership has given GM John Dorsey “full authority” of the team’s search for a head coach.
- One NFL coach tells Cabot that Dorsey spearheading the search makes the Browns’ head coaching position “more attractive.”
- Cabot adds that the Browns could look at college coaches like Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley or Iowa State’s Matt Campbell along with some options who have prior experience with Dorsey such as Chiefs STs coach Dave Toub and OC Eric Bienemy.
- Should Packers HC Mike McCarthy or Ravens HC John Harbaugh get fired this offseason, Cabot could see them also being options.
- Browns rookie CB Denzel Ward said of working his way back from his hip issue: “I am getting better. I had monitored reps today. It felt good to be back out there. I am getting better, though. I should be good (for Atlanta).” (Pat McManamon)
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said he does not plan on limiting RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) in Week 10’s game: “We are full-boring everybody. Once a guy is ready to play, that has to be our expectation.” (John Oehser)
- Jaguars QB Blake Bortles said he is not concerned about his non-throwing shoulder and that he is just “banged up” right now: “Feels good. I’m ready to go, better than ever. It’s just banged up – no different than anybody else getting a nick or a bruise or whatever. It’s part of playing an NFL season.” (John Oehser)
- According to WPXI, Steelers WR Antonio Brown was stopped by police for speeding on Thursday and cited him for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour.