Home Browns AFC Notes: Browns, Jets, Patriots, Steelers
- The Browns have downgraded the following players to out for Week 2: TE Seth DeValve (hamstring), WR Josh Gordon (hamstring), and LB Christian Kirksey (shoulder/ankle).
- Rich Cimini of ESPN believes the Jets made the right call not offering two first-round picks to the Raiders for DE Khalil Mack.
- Cimini notes that the Jets have the financial flexibility to sign a “top-of-the-market” cornerback next offseason given QB Sam Darnold is playing under his rookie contract.
- Cimini expects WR Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) to absorb some of Charone Peake and Andre Roberts‘ playing time when he returns from injury.
- Jeff Howe reports that Patriots rookie RB Sony Michel (knee procedure) made a lot of progress this week and has at least given himself a chance to make his NFL debut on Sunday. Howe adds that nothing definitive yet, but the progress Michel has made has been encouraging.
- Mike Reiss mentions two potential reasons that the Patriots have not shown interest in free agent WR Dez Bryant including the possibility that New England does not think he is a difference maker and they may not want the off-field attention he would bring to their team if they brought him in.
- Steelers holdout Le’Veon Bell did not report to the team on Saturday is now officially out for Week 2.
- Bell has now lost $1.7 million in 2018 salary by missing the first two games of the regular season.