- Ian Rapoport reports that Chargers RB Melvin Gordon is dealing with a bone bruise in his knee, which limited him on Sunday. However, Rapoport adds that the issue is “very minor” and Gordon wanted to continue to play through it this weekend.
- Gordon said Monday that he’s “good” to go: “I played through a lot and been through a lot with my knee. I’m good.” (Eric D. Williams)
Chiefs HC Andy Reid said he does not have any plans to scale back rookie RB Kareem Hunt’s workload.
“No, I think we’re okay with how we’re using him,” Reid said, via the Kansas City Star. “I just go off of the feel I have and the experience, we’ll be all right there.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, Chiefs WR/KR De’Anthony Thomas suffered a deep shoulder contusion on Sunday but has no structural damage and is considered day-to-day.
Dolphins HC Adam Gase was clearly disappointed with his team’s offensive showing following their disappointing loss to the Jets this past weekend.
“A lot of bad football,” Gase explained, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “More mental errors than we’ve had the last two years. I’ll find the guys that want to do it right, and those are the guys that will play.
“I’m upset about the way our offense played. I’m just tired of watching it for two years. Just garbage. So, we’re going to figure something out.”
Gase added that there was “nothing” he liked from the team’s offense on film.
“We’ll make the proper adjustments,” Gase said. “We’ll probably make some changes. So figure out what we’ve got to do, get that thing rolling. I’ve been watching it for two years. It hasn’t worked. So we’re going to figure some things out.”
- According to Connor Hughes of NJ.com, former Jets LB Erin Henderson is suing the team for wrongful termination and disability discrimination.
- Henderson is reportedly seeking $3.3 million in compensatory damages, plus punitive damages from the Jets.
- Henderson claims he was unjustly placed on the non-football injury list last October. Beyond that, Henderson, who suffers from bipolar disorder, claims the Jets didn’t provide proper care.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters on Monday that X-Rays were negative on Jets RB Matt Forte (toe), WR Charone Peake (ankle), and LB Josh Martin (ankle). (Ralph Vacchiano)