- The Dolphins’ offensive coaching staff is undergoing major changes, as the team has reassigned OC Clyde Christensen, hired Dowell Loggains as their new OC, hired Jeremiah Washburn as OL coach and allowed senior offensive assistant Dave DeGuglielmo’s contract expire.
- Armando Salguero reports that even more changes are expected to be coming to the Dolphins’ offensive staff in the coming days/weeks.
Jets QB Bryce Petty said that he hasn’t thought too much about his future with the team, but he’s hoping to remain in New York for the foreseeable future.
“I try not to put too much thought into things that I can’t control,” Petty said, via the New York Daily News. “Hopefully it’s here. I want to be here. But if it’s not, that’s okay too. It’s a business. Everybody understands that.”
- Rich Cimini believes the Jets should be looking to get a quarterback at No. 6 overall in next year’s draft. However, should the board not fall their way, Cimini says that Penn State RB Saquon Barkley would be “ideal” for the Jets.
- Another possibility for the Jets would be North Carolina State DE Bradley Chubb.
- Mike Reiss mentions LBs coach Brian Flores as a prime candidate to replace DC Matt Patricia if he lands a head-coaching job in the coming weeks.
- However, Reiss says it’s much less clear in regards to who would take over for Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator. Reiss could see Bill Belichick or even Nick Caserio get more involved with the offense if they lose McDaniels.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texans strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald has resigned and accepted a job as the strength and conditioning coach at the University of Tennessee.