Home / Dolphins / AFC Notes: Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, & Titans
AFC Notes: Dolphins, Jets, Steelers, & Titans
- James Walker of ESPN expects Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Jeffrey Linkenbach and fourth-round rookie Jamil Douglas to compete for the two starting guard positions.
- Walker does not see Miami making any significant free agent additions at this time, barring an injury.
- CB Jamar Taylor is expected to start at the No. 2 cornerback opposite of Brent Grimes.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN only sees a “five percent” chance of the Jets trading DE Muhammad Wilkerson.
- Cimini does not expect fourth-round rookie QB Bryce Petty to play immediately, but could see him coming in for the final two games of the season if the Jets are having a poor season.
- According to Cimini, WR Jeremy Kerley will likely start at slot receiver over second-round rookie WR Devin Smith.
- Cimini could see the Jets implementing a 4-3 defensive scheme against run oriented teams.
- Steelers signed seventh-round S Gerod Holliman to a four-year deal.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN believes G Andy Levitre is getting his “last chance” in 2015 to prove he is worth the contract he received in 2013.
- Kuharsky writes that Jeremiah Poutasi and Byron Bell will compete for the starting right tackle spot.
- Kuharsky expects CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson to start as the nickel corner, due to the arrival of CB Perrish Cox.
- According to Kuharsky, DE Daquan Jones is the most likely player on the Titans to have a breakout season in 2015, with ILB Zach Brown, WR Justin Hunter and RB Bishop Sankey being other possibilities.
Tags Andy Levitre Billy Turner Bishop Sankey Blidi Wreh-Wilson Bryce Petty Byron Bell Dallas Thomas DaQuan Jones Devin Smith Gerod Holliman Jamar Taylor Jamil Douglas Jeffrey Linkenbach Jeremiah Poutasi Jeremy Kerley Justin Hunter Muhammad Wilkerson Perrish Cox Zach Brown