- Edward Lee of the Baltimore Sun writes that rookie tight ends Hayden Hurst and Mark Andrews have already “made quite an impression” with observers and their teammates since being drafted.
- With two rookies on the roster, Lee says that Nick Boyle and Maxx Williams will have to take advantage of their familiarity with OC Marty Mornhinweg’s system in order to guarantee themselves roster spots this summer.
- Lee says that the early indications are positive that Hurst and Andrews can step in and help mitigate the loss of Benjamin Watson, who led the team in catches with 61 last year.
- According to Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com, second-year WR Corey Davis was one of the stars during the early portion of offseason work but he was unfortunately limited during the final practices.
- Wyatt mentions that Davis will be in the spotlight this summer after dealing with a hamstring injury last season that limited him to just 34 catches for 375 yards, and had two touchdowns.
- As for the camp battle to watch, Wyatt says he’ll be keeping an on the competition between WRs Darius Jennings, Jordan Veasy, Deontay Burnett, and Devin Ross to see if any of them can step up and secure a spot on the 53-man roster. Wyatt adds that some of these players could end up on the Titans’ practice squad.
- Wyatt is banking on Davis, Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharpe, and Taywan Taylor all making the team with Michael Campanaro as a player with an opportunity to carve out a role for himself.