“We’re not going to play how we played yesterday,” Joseph said, per O’Halloran. “We’re not going to do that. So something has got to change. You don’t play that brand of football and keep it all the same. I won’t share what we’re going to change but there are going to be changes.”
- Joseph mentioned that RT Jared Veldheer (knee) is “probably a week away from playing for us” and CB Adam Jones (hamstring) and LT Garett Bolles (ankle) are considered day-to-day. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said of K Caleb Sturgis, who missed a 49-yard field goal and extra point: “The extra point kind of bothered me a little bit. We’ll figure out what happened there, but he’s been kicking well all week, been kicking with a lot of confidence and so I’m not concerned about it.” (Eric Williams)
- Mike Garafolo reports that Chiefs OLB Justin Houston could end up missing a few weeks with a hamstring injury. According to Garafolo, Houston’s status for Week 6 is “very iffy.“
- Chiefs signed DB Leon McQuay to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Chiefs released TE David Wells from their practice squad.
Raiders HC Jon Gruden told reporters that QB Derek Carr appears to be pressing too much at times.
“He’s just trying, he’s just trying so hard,” Gruden said, via Jimmy Durkin of The Athletic. “I think he just presses at some moments and he knows we have to do a lot with the ball when we have it and I think that’s what happened today.”