Broncos undrafted RB Phillip Lindsay, who has posted back-to-back games with over 100 yards from scrimmage, says he’s just thankful for the opportunity to be part of the Denver organization.
“Just playing football,” Lindsay said, via the Denver Post. “Just playing football for my team. It’s just a great opportunity to be here. I can’t thank [General Manager John] Elway enough for letting me be a part of this organization.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, Chiefs S Eric Berry is getting healthier and could return to practice this week. However, it’s still too early to say he’ll be available for Week 3.
- The Chiefs are working out TE Nick Keizer this week. (Aaron Wilson)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden reiterated that he doesn’t regret trading away DE Khalil Mack, despite the team’s pass rush issues this season.
“We made the trade. We made the trade,” Gruden said, per Michael Gehlken. “I’d have loved to have had him here, but he’s not here. Somebody has to step up.”
- Gruden said they really need more from DE Bruce Irvin: “We need more and more from him. I know he’s giving us everything he has. It’s tough on him, certainly, because we do have a lot of new guys around him up front. But we’re happy he’s here.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Gruden mentioned that he doubts rookie DT P.J. Hall (ankle) will be able to return for their Week 3 game against the Dolphins. (Michael Gehlken)
- Free agent TE Billy Brown worked out for the Raiders on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)