- Ian Rapoport reports that Chargers DE Joey Bosa is still “week-to-week” with his foot injury, but is not a candidate to be placed on the injured reserve.
- Adam Schefter adds that Bosa visited foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson on Wednesday and was diagnosed with a bone bruise. He is not expected to play in Week 2 and “possibly longer” after that.
- Regarding Bosa, Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said: “He’s week to week but he’ll probably be gone for the next couple weeks.” (Ross Tucker)
- The Chargers announced that Bosa is specifically dealing with a bone bruise and will not play on Sunday. Bosa remains week to week.
Raiders HC Jon Gruden says that WR Martavis Bryant is in a “good place right now” and they’re hoping he can help them stretch the field.
“He’s a guy who has proven he can go up and get the deep ball in contested situations,” Gruden said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “He can run away from you. He can make you miss. He can make big plays down the field. We’re hoping we can bottle up where he is now. He’s in a great place. He has a great state of mind. We’ll see what happens.”
- Regarding the reports of a possible suspension, Bryant said: “It’s not bugging me. But I don’t have control over that. I don’t want to really discuss that.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Bryant admitted that he was very surprised that the Raiders waived him, but he says he’s “ready to go” for Week 2. (Michael Gehlken)
- New Raiders DT Johnathan Hankins said he expects to play on Week 2’s game against the Broncos. (Michael Gehlken)
- Raiders OC Greg Olsen said that WR Johnny Holton has been moved to cornerback, due to a logjam at receiver. (Michael Gehlken)
- Raiders signed DT Clinton McDonald. (NFLTR)
- Raiders placed NT Justin Ellis on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Raiders placed LS Andrew DePaola on injured reserve. (NFLTR)