- According to PFT, Murray will most likely take a visit at some point in the near future.
ESPN Werder spoke to a source who said that things are “getting very competitive” between the Raiders, Cowboys, and Eagles for Murray right now.
- As for the Jaguars, Werder is told that they’re “not actively involved” right now.
- Pro Football Talk reports that at least one of the teams pursuing free agent RB DeMarco Murray believes he will be staying in Dallas.
- According to ESPN’s Ed Werder, the Raiders are offering the most money for him right now.
- However, the Cowboys reportedly lead Eagles for his services while the Jaguars are not actively involved right now.
- Mortensen adds that obstacle with the Eagles is that they aren’t going to overpay anyone.
- Charles Robinson reports that the Eagles are Murray’s “top choice” followed by the Raiders and Jaguars.
- Robinson has spoken to a source who doesn’t believe the Jaguars have or will make Murray a big offer.
- Adam Schefter adds that even after the Eagles signed RB Ryan Mathews to a contract earlier in the day.
According to Werder, Murray has offers from “multiple” teams right now.
- This fits with a report from Adam Caplan who said that Helu’s addition didn’t affect Oakland’s pursuit of Murray.
- The Cowboys, Eagles, and Jaguars are also in mix for Murray.
- However, Florio adds that this could change if Murray agrees to take less than he wants, or if the Jaguars agree to pay more than they’re willing to pay.
- Sources tell Fischer adds that the meeting is expected to continue at a different location.
- A friend of Murray’s said that the meeting with Garrett lasted 10 minutes and was “significant.”
- Rapoport adds that at this point in time, Dallas almost expects Murray to be playing elsewhere at the start of the 2015 season.
- Rapoport mentions that the Raiders, Eagles, and Jaguars are all in on Murray right now.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Jaguars coaches and players are making their pitch to Murray.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that Murray could actually get the $9 million per year salary he’s looking for from Oakland.
- Jones mentioned that they have been in communication with Murray’s reps, but would not elaborate on the current state of negotiations, per Hill.
- According to Rapoport, the Cowboys tried to make a final push to re-sign him.
- Rich Stroud reports that the Buccaneers have shown interest in Murray, but he adds that Buccaneers’ fans should not get “overly excited” about the possibility.
- Kent Somers reports that the Cardinals aren’t interest in Murray, despite the previous report.
Ian Rapoport reports that the if free agent RB DeMarco Murray doesn’t hear from the Cowboys before the start of free agency today, the Cardinals, Jaguars and possibly the Buccaneers are likely to be in the mix for him.
Early this morning, it was discovered that Murray has deleted any references to the Cowboys from his Twitter page, which has opened the door for further speculation that he won’t be back in Dallas next year.
According to Ian Rapoport, the Jaguars could show “strong” interest in signing Murray.
Meanwhile, Charles Robinson mentions that Murray may as well take his time now, as the first wave of free agent signings is largely over. Murray would probably be best to survey all of his options in the coming days.
Rand Getlin of Yahoo Sports previously reported that Murray and his camp are confident there are teams willing to pay him $8 million per year.