Here’s a running list of rumors and reports related to the Miami Dolphins front office and coaching staff. It appears as though changes could be made at some point in the near future.
- Jeff Darlington reports that the Dolphins meeting is still ongoing, which he believes is an indication that “wide-sweeping changes” are less likely. (Update: 3:13 pm)
- Chris Perkins reports that Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle left the facility and unlikely to be fired. (Update: 2:01 pm)
- Armando Salguero is “hearing” that Stephen Ross “does not want to go back on his word” that GM Jeff Ireland is safe. Ross is reportedly struggling with the situation.
- Stephen Ross reportedly wants changes to be made to the team’s offensive staff, while HC Joe Philbin would like to keep things in place as they are.
- Salguero adds that if Joe Philbin doesn’t cave, his job could be in jeopardy.
- Adam Beasley reports that Dawn Aponte was seen leaving the team’s facility, which could be seen as an indication that she is safe.
- Things could get “really interesting” if HC Joe Philbin refuses to replace OC Mike Sherman, according to Jeff Darlington.
- Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross reportedly hasn’t communicated with the Dolphins staff, so no one knows what to expect, according to Ian Rapoport.
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins staff have “conducted business as usual this week“, but there appears to be a sense that “someone will pay for that finish.“
- Jeff Darlington mentions that one name to watch with regards to the team’s GM position could be Dawn Aponte.
- Darlington adds that owner Steve Ross is “very high on her” and she could be a replacement for Jeff Ireland.
- Ian Rapoport reported earlier this morning that Dolphins OC Mike Sherman is at risk of losing his job after QB Ryan Tannehill reportedly lost faith in him.
We have more updates added to this post as the news is available.