Here are some of the random happenings from around the NFL:
- The Giants, Raiders, and Bills have publicly stated that they do not have interest in acquiring Matt Leinart despite the previous rumors.
- Pat Yasinskas of ESPN points out that Darren Sharper could actually retire before the Saints are forced to make a decision on what to do with the injured safety.
- The Washington Redskins have signed John Beck to a two-year $2.25 million contract but he will actually be under team control for three-years, $3.35 million. This report comes from Adam Schefter.
- Ben Roethlisberger is hoping that Commissioner Goodell will reduce his suspension to three games instead of the pending six game suspension.
- The Raiders are ready to make their roster cuts and some big names could on the list, per MercuryNews.com
- The Arizona Cardinals have signed Darnell Dockett to a four-year contract extension. The total deal can be up to $48.5 million over four years depending on what incentives he reaches.