- Cowboys S Xavier Woods is expected to miss 2-4 weeks with a hamstring injury, but the team is hoping he can return for Week 1. (Brandon George)
- Regarding Woods, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said: “Xavier will be more kind of week-to-week. He won’t practice or play in the game this week. These hamstrings are tricky. We’ll reevaluate him after each week.” (Jon Machota)
- Meanwhile, Cowboys S Jameill Showers suffered a torn ACL.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Monday that they plan work out safeties today and tomorrow. (Calvin Watkins)
- Cowboys C Travis Frederick will see another specialist on Monday and Tuesday in the hope of getting a handle on the neck stingers he’s dealing with. (Clarence Hill)
- The Cowboys are reportedly looking at available safety options including George Iloka. (NFLTR)
Eagles QB Carson Wentz reiterated Monday that “it’s gonna be close” when it comes to his status for Week 1.
“Really same as last week, it’s gonna be close,” Wentz said, via NJ.com. “Nothing’s really changed from last week other than the 11 on 11 practice. The final hurdle, which won’t be my decision, will be being cleared for contact.”
- Jimmy Kempski notes that if the Eagles release LB Corey Nelson they could pick up a sixth-round compensatory pick in 2019.
“At the end of the day you only have control over what you have control over,” Hackenberg said. “There’s a lot of variables and a lot of speculation that goes on and I think the more narrow-minded you can be and kind of just focus on the day-to-day and the process, the better off you are.
“Things like picking up the offense as fast as you can, pushing yourself, kind of getting lost in those things, and being able to separate yourself (from worrying), and at the end of the day, some things work out, some things don’t.
“I just have to do everything I can with the resources that have been provided to me to make sure that whatever gauge or time or whatever there is that’s going to go into the evaluation process that puts me in the best position to be able to grow. Because that’s the end-game.
“Getting better and continuing to take baby steps. I’m still young and those things for me are big. That’s the coolest part for me. Really enjoying it and staying day-to-day, hour-to-hour.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Giants worked out RB Jahad Thomas on Monday.
- Giants signed RB Jhurell Pressley and LB Warren Long. (NFLTR)
- Giants waived S Mike Basile.
- Giants waived LB Thurston Armbrister with an injury designation. (NFLTR)