- The San Francisco 49ers officially ruled out DE Aaron Lynch and CB K’Wuan Williams for Week 8 on Friday.
- The 49ers also list OT Trenton Brown (concussion), LB Reuben Foster (ankle/ribs), G Brandon Fusco (biceps), and WR Marquise Goodwin (back) all as questionable.
- According to Matt Maiocco, the 49ers are not counting on RT Trent Brown clearing the concussion protocol, which means Garry Gilliam is expected to start for them at right tackle.
- Rick Stroud mentions that the Buccaneers will have to make a decision on QB Ryan Griffin next week regarding whether to add him to their active roster or keep him on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.
- The Buccaneers officially ruled out cornerbacks Brent Grimes and Robert McClain for Sunday’s game.
“I hope I do get back, but I really don’t know,” Johnson said. “The wrist is a complicated limb and it’s tough to say, just because I still have this cast on. I haven’t even started rehab so I don’t know yet.”
- The Redskins announced Friday that LB Mason Foster (shoulder), OL Ty Nsekhe (core injury) and OL Spencer Long (knees) are all out for Week 8’s game against the Cowboys.
- Redskins CB Josh Norman is questionable, but HC Jay Gruden said: “Looks like he’s gonna be fine.” (JP Finlay)
- Redskins G Brandon Scherff said he’s “trying as hard as [he] can” to be ready for Sunday’s game, but he needs another two days of treatment on his knee. (JP Finlay)
- JP Finlay reports that OLB Preston Smith is expected to start against the Cowboys this weekend.