- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said LB Reuben Foster (hamstring), WR Pierre Garcon (knee) and S Jaquiski Tartt (shoulder) are expected to be able to practice when they return from their Week 11 bye. (Matt Barrows)
Lions HC Matt Patricia made it clear how much he appreciates having Matthew Stafford in place as the team’s quarterback.
“The good thing for us is we just kind of focus on inside of the building, what we’re doing here,” Patricia said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “Matt Stafford, we’re blessed to have him as our quarterback. We’re lucky to have him as our quarterback. This is a guy who is extremely tough. He’s extremely competitive. He’s a guy that works harder than anybody in the building every single day to get better. I think for him as a quarterback his due diligence, the work that he does every single week. . . . Look, that’s not an easy position to play in the NFL. When you have the defenses that we’ve seen here the last couple of weeks coming at you from different directions, playing in stadiums that are not easy to play in, under conditions that are not easy to play in I would say. It’s part of the game. But his toughness that he portrays through all those situations, and his ability to come back and go right back at it with that tenacious attitude every single day. He’s a great quarterback. He works extremely hard and he’s our leader on offense and we’re going to keep pushing and he’s going to keep leading, which is great for us.”
- Lions placed G T.J. Lang on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Lions promoted CB Mike Ford to their active roster.
- Lions signed DB Davis Jones to their practice squad.
Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin says his knee injury is improving and he’s starting to feel like himself.
“It is improving,” Baldwin said, via Pro Football Talk. “So Thursday last week was the first day I woke up in the morning and didn’t feel pain. I’ve been dealing with this for four months now and I forgot what it felt like to not have pain. … I felt free in the game. Came out (with) normal soreness. not any more soreness than typical so I’m actually improving, which is a very long time since I’ve felt like myself.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Wednesday that LB K.J. Wright will be a game-time decision while RB Chris Carson, S Bradley McDougald and G D.J. Fluker are good to go. (Bob Condotta)