However, there’s another group of players in line for roster bonuses that may not be so lucky including:
- TE Dion Sims: $6 million base salary with $4 million fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster as of March 16.
- CB Marcus Cooper: $5 million base salary with $2 million guaranteed on the first day of the league year.
- OLB Willie Young: $3.5 million base salary and due a $1 million roster bonus.
- S Quintin Demps: $3 million base salary and a $500,000 roster bonus.
- QB Mike Glennon: Owed fully guaranteed $2.5 million roster bonus on March 16.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that the Seahawks are not done with RB C.J. Prosise, despite the injury issues he’s dealt with the past few years, and it makes little sense not to bring him back when he’ll make a reasonable salary and show flashes of being a good player when healthy.
- Condotta expects Chris Carson, Mike Davis, and J.D. McKissic all to be back at running back next year, which means Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls are likely to move on in the coming months.
- According to Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press, the Vikings are expected to consider Bengals QB A.J. McCarron in free agency if they’re unable to re-sign Case Keenum this offseason.
- Walters mentions that Keenum “still seems to be the favorite” to return as the Vikings’ starting quarterback in 2018.
- Walters writes that there appears to be “some sensitive legal stuff” going on between the Vikings and DL Sharrif Floyd as Minnesota was eligible to release him last week.
- Walters says that the Vikings are expected to get some extensions done in July before training camp and Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter and Stefon Diggs are some names to watch.
- As for Teddy Bridgewater, Walters mentions that there’s a chance he could return to the Vikings on an incentive-based deal as a backup to Keenum. However, he’s expected to depart if another team offers him more money.