Home / Eagles / NFC Notes: Eagles, Giants, Panthers
NFC Notes: Eagles, Giants, Panthers
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that a showdown between the Giants and WR Odell Beckham Jr is coming and could happen possibly this week or more likely early this summer.
- Beckham is still working his way back from a season-ending ankle injury he suffered last year and he will clearly want a new deal before risking another serious injury in the final year of his contract.
- Giants’ minicamp gets underway on Tuesday and Beckham will be there to take a physical, but Raanan says that there are no indications that they’ll get a long-term deal done this week.
- According to Raanan, the showdown between the two parties is likely to come after Beckham is medically cleared.
- Raanan lists July 25, Aug 9, 17 and 24, and Sept 9 as the key dates to watch for Beckham and the Giants.
- According to Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer, Panthers WR Curtis Samuel still is not 100 percent following a serious ankle injury he suffered last year.
- Person says that Samuel has been slowly progressing throughout OTAs and the Panthers don’t want to rush him back and risk a potential setback.
Tags Chris Maragos Curtis Samuel Michael Bennett Odell Beckham Rodney McLeod Stefen Wisniewski Timmy Jernigan