Home / 49ers / NFL Draft Notes: Senior Bowl Tuesday
NFL Draft Notes: Senior Bowl Tuesday
Former LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu
- Mathieu met with the entire Dolphins coaching staff Monday night and has also talked to 15 NFL teams. (NFLTR)
Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson
- The Eagles reportedly met with Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson Monday night. (Sheil Kapadia)
Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher
- NFL Network’s Mike Mayock “wasn’t ready to rule out” Fisher as No. 1 OT in this year’s draft class. (NFL.com)
- There’s talk that Fisher may have helped his draft stock enough this week to point where he could be a Top 10 pick and possibly the first OT off the board.
Michigan QB Denard Robinson
- Robinson mentioned that he is focused on playing WR at the next level.
- Robinson struggled playing receiver and return kicks. (Scott Wright)
North Carolina QB Mike Glennon
- There has been some mixed reviews regarding QB Mike Glennon.
- Glennon is “clearly the best quarterback” at the Senior Bowl this year. (Scott Wright)
- “I can’t believe some of these teams are trying to talk themselves into (N.C. State QB) Mike Glennon,” said an NFC personnel executive. “I don’t see it.” (Daniel Jeremiah)
BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah
- Mike Mayock mentioned that although Ansah has first-round talent, he hasn’t justified a first-round pick in his eyes.
- “I’d be scared to death on a first-round pick,” said Mayock on Tuesday.
Georgia NT John Jenkins
- “In five years, (Georgia NT) John Jenkins will be a multi-year Pro Bowler or he’ll be out of the league,” said an NFC executive. “I don’t think there will be anything in between.” (Daniel Jeremiah)
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore
- Marcus Lattimore was reportedly “making the rounds” at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday. (Tony Pauline)
- Lattimore was reportedly walking around without a limp and mentioned that he’s “feeling good.” (Andy Staples)
- Lattimore mentioned that he expects to be ready for the start of the 2013 season and added that “it is realistic.“(Scott Wright)
Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib
- Nassib is drawing comparisons to Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins. (NFL.com)
- Nassib was reportedly “better than any of the quarterbacks that I saw from the South team” on Tuesday. (Scott Wright)
- The Redskins reportedly spent a “ton of time” with Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson Monday night. (Tony Pauline)
- Kentucky G Larry Warford – has been a big standout so far. (Tony Pauline)
- Rice TE Vance McDonald – is drawing a lot of interest. He could be a “second-round talent.” (Daniel Jeremiah)
- Purdue DT Kawann Short has been “dominant at times” during Tuesday’s practice. (Tony Pauline)
- Colts scouts were reportedly “all over” Kansas State LB Arthur Brown on Monday. (Matt Miller)
- Jets reportedly “talked briefly” with Baylor WR Terrence Williams on Tuesday. (Shane Hallam)
- California C Brian Schwenke – is among Mike Mayock’s favorite players at the Senior Bowl.
- SMU DT Margus Hunt – has met with the Buccaneers, Packers, Dolphins, Bears, Saints, 49ers, Jaguars and Texans so far. Very intriguing prospect for a number of teams. (Charlie Campbell)
- Texas DE Alex Okafor – could end up as first-round pick and possibly in the Top 20, according to NFL scouts. (WalterFootball.com)
- Oklahoma S Tony Jefferson – has reportedly been getting “trashed” by a few of his former coaches who cited “horrible practice habits and a lack of work ethic in the weight room” as big concerns. (WalterFootball.com)
Tags Alex Okafor andy dalton Arthur Brown Brian Schwenke Denard Robinson Eric Fisher Ezekiel Ansah John Jenkins Kawann Short Kirk Cousins Lane Johnson Larry Warford Marcus Lattimore Margus Hunt Mike Glennon Ryan Nassib Terrence Williams Tony Jefferson Tyler Wilson Tyrann Mathieu Vance McDonald