NFL News & Rumors: Monday 4/29
- Free agent Ahmad Bradshaw has received full medical clearance for football activities. (Pro Football Talk)
- “More than one team asked” Tim Tebow if he was willing to play TE after being placed on the trading block, but he reportedly refused. (Adam Schefter)
- RT Eric Winston is believed to be holding out for guaranteed money and a multi-year contract. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers HC Greg Schiano mentioned that third-round QB Mike Glennon isn’t viewed as competition for Josh Freeman. (Buccaneers.com)
- The Buccaneers are still open to re-signing free agent DB Ronde Barber.
- Cardinals waived G Jeremiah Warren and released G Adam Snyder.
- Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu’s contract includes no guaranteed money, and requires him to be randomly drug tested “as often as weekly.” (Sports Illustrated)
- GM Steve Keim compared sixth-round WR Ryan Swope to Brandon Stokley. (Arizona Republic)
- The Chiefs may now be targeting a 2014 second-round pick in return for OT Branden Albert. (Yahoo Sports)
- HC Andy Reid mentioned that third-round pick Travis Kelce will compete for the team’s starting tight end job. (Kansas City Star)
- Colts traded former first-round pick LB Jerry Hughes to the Bills in return for LB Kelvin Sheppard. (NFLTR)
- GM Jeff Ireland wouldn’t rule out the idea of trading for Chiefs LT Branden Albert. (Miami Herald)
- Ireland added that he expects to sign a veteran free agent at tackle at some point. (Miami Herald)
- The Dolphins reportedly do not have interest in free agent RT Tyson Clabo. (Armando Salguero)
- Free agent LT Bryant McKinnie is visiting the Dolphins on Monday. (NFLTR)
- Jaguars waived DT Jerome Long.
- Jaguars waived WR Jerrell Jackson.
- Former Michigan QB Denard Robinson will play running back for the Jaguars. (Jaguars.com)
- Jets waived QB Tim Tebow. (NFLTR)
- The Lions are expected to target a veteran offensive tackle at some point in the near future. (Detroit Free Press)
- Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie mentioned QB Tyler Wilson’s pocket toughness as of one of the attributes that stood out them. (Raiders.com)
- Multiple NFL teams reportedly had concerns regarding first-round CB D.J. Hayden’s future. (Sports Illustrated)
- Free agent OT Demetress Bell could be a fallback option for the Ravens if they’re unable to re-sign Bryant McKinnie. (NFLTR)
- Patriots waived WR Jeremy Ebert. (Mike Reiss)
- Patriots waived TE Brad Herman, FB Tony Fiammetta, DL Tracy Robertson, and DB Malcolm Williams.
- The Saints guaranteed $2.6 million guarantee of S Roman Harper‘s 2013 base salary by keeping him on their roster through March. (ESPN.com)
- The Steelers brought in free agent OL Winston Justice for a visit on Monday. (Adam Schefter)
- LBs coach Keith Butler mentioned that it would be “miraculous” if LB Sean Spence was able to play football again. (NFLTR)
- HC Mike Tomlin mentioned that they’re not guaranteeing first-round Jarvis Jones a a starting job. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- OC Todd Haley expects second-round pick Le’Veon Bell to be a “factor” this season. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Free agent P Brian Moorman visited the Steelers on Monday.
- The Texans were reportedly prepared to take LB Arthur Brown with their No. 57 before the Ravens traded up for him. (Sports Illustrated)
Tags Aaron Corp Aaron Rodgers Adam Grant Adam Snyder Ahmad Bradshaw Arthur Brown Brad Herman Branden Albert Brandon Stokley Brian Moorman Brian Urlacher Bryant McKinnie Chris Clemons Chris Koepplin Christian Ballard D.J. Hayden Demetress Bell Denard Robinson Derek Sherrod Eric Winston Eugene Amano Evan Moore Israel Idonije Jacob Lacey Jarvis Jones Jason Allen Jeremiah Warren Jeremy Ebert Jerome Long Jerrell Jackson Jerry Hughes Joe Sawyer Josh Freeman Kelvin Sheppard Le'Veon Bell Malcolm Williams Matt Barkley Mike Glennon Orlando Franklin Roman Harper Ronde Barber Ryan Swope Sean Spence T.J. Conley Tim Tebow Tony Fiammetta Tracy Robertson Travis Kelce Tyler Wilson Tyrann Mathieu Tyson Clabo winston justice