Home Browns NFL News & Rumors: Rams, Jaguars, Revis, Cowboys, Browns
- Adam Caplan of Fox Sports that the St Louis Rams have elected to sign former Missouri wide receiver Danario Alexander after losing Michael Clayton for the remainder of the season. Alexander was a former standout player at Missouri but has undergone several operations on his knee over the course of his career. Now he gets the chance to show what he can do in the NFL.
- Mike Sims-Walker was reported to have been on the trading block since last week because of some comments that he made regarding the lack of playing time he was seeing. The latest reports suggest that the Jaguars don’t intend to trade him away and head coach Jack Del Rio confronted the rumors by saying, “I actually called out one of the people that was involved in some of that being spread because that’s garbage.” The Jaguars a tied for the division lead, so trading away productive players isn’t very likely.
- The New York Jets are having trouble keeping All Pro CB Darrelle Revis on the field. Revis has been battling through a hamstring injury that he suffered early in the season. New York Daily News mentioned that Revis commented on the injury by saying, “Right now, it’s very sore and very swollen.” He was then asked if he thought he would be ready for week 6 and replied, “I don’t know. As of right now, we’re going to take it day by day like we’ve been doing and see how it goes.” The Jets have done a good job of getting players to step up while Revis has been recovering so it may be best for them to allow Revis the necessary time to heal before things get any worse.
- It seems that the Dallas Cowboys may have finally figured out the best way to get production out of their running game. By featuring Felix Jones last Sunday, the team was able to accumulate 141 yards rushing with 109 yards coming from Jones alone. Jones was averaging 7.3 yards per carry which allowed the Cowboys to bring Marion Barber in for tougher short-yardage situations. Wade Phillips said after the game that “We need to get Felix the ball more, we did that, and I thought it showed up well. We’ll continue to evaluate what we need, but I thought it helped our running game.” It looks like the team will continue to give Jones the lions share of carries in the coming weeks.
- The Vikings may have lost another defensive back during last nights game. Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that Cedric Griffin will undergo an MRI on his right knee today but it doesn’t appear that the team is expecting good news. The Vikings are already without Chris Cook who re-injured his knee last week.
- Things seem to be getting worse for the Cleveland Browns. First they get the news that they will be without both Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme because of ankle sprains and now Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that the could also be without Peyton Hillis for Sunday’s game against Pittsburgh. Cabot mentions that Hillis re-injured his quadriceps muscle during Sunday game. The team has already announced that Colt McCoy will start so this will make it even harder on the rookie now that they will be without their best running back.