49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said on Wednesday that the team was discussing a trade for Eagles LB Mychal Kendricks, but they weren’t able to reach an agreement on the terms of a deal.
“I’ve heard about Mychal Kendricks the last couple of years. He’s a guy that I have a lot of regard for because being in the East when I was at Washington; having to play against him earlier on,” said Shanahan, via Zach Berman. “He was one of the better players and a tough guy to always go against. So anytime they’ve been entertaining anything, I’ve always listened. We heard that here, but nothing ever fell through.”
Regarding the possibility of trading 49ers LT Joe Staley, Shanahan said he is a player the team does not want to lose.
“Joe’s a guy I definitely want here and definitely don’t want to lose,” said Shanahan, via Matt Maiocco.
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said DE Noah Spence will require another surgery on his shoulder and is not sure if it will be a long-term issue. (Rick Stroud)
- The Buccaneers officially placed Spence on injured reserve Wednesday. (NFLTR)
- The Ravens have ruled out RB Terrance West (calf) and TE Maxx Williams (ankle) from Thursday’s game. (Ravens’ official site)
- Baltimore also announced that WR Michael Campanaro (shoulder), WR Chris Matthews (thigh) and LB Tim Williams (thigh) are doubtful Thursday’s game. (Ravens’ official site)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said LT Duane Brown has a “good shot” of playing in Week 8: “I would say he would have a real good shot to play on Sunday.” (Texans’ official site)