- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if the Raiders could end up relocating to San Diego if the Chargers move to Los Angles next year.
- Even though Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu is out for the year with another ACL tear, Albert Breer gets the sense that Arizona will still try to lock him up to a long-term deal.
Patriots HC Bill Belichick admitted that they’ll have to give some thought to possibly resting their players in the final weeks of the season.
asked about the possibility of resting players in the next two weeks with a first round bye already wrapped up and several key players already lost for the season to injuries. He said that there needs to be a balance with trying to win, but that it’s something the team has to think about doing in order to be as close to full strength as possible for the postseason.
“We’ll just have to do the best that we can to balance all those things out,” Belichick said, via Pro Football Talk. “That’s something we’ll have to give some thought to and get as much information as possible because there are some guys that are in various states of physical health. We’ll have to work our way through all that. It’s definitely a challenging situation. I wish I had a cleaner answer on it, but really we’re just going to have to work it out.”
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio said DL Mario Edwards Jr. (neck) is unlikely to play in Week 16’s Thursday night game. (Scott Bair)
- Del Rio said rookie RG Jon Feliciano has earned a starting role for Week 16. (Scott Bair)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Jeremy Lane and DeShawn Shead will battle for a starting cornerback role. (John Boyle)
- Carroll said he will know by Wednesday whether DT Jordan Hill (quadricep) and TE Anthony McCoy (high-ankle sprain) will return from their injuries this week. (Liz Mathews)
- Carroll also said LT Russel Okung‘s examination on his sore calf did not reveal any structural damage. (Bob Condotta)