- Howard Balzer reports that the 49ers tried out free agent P Chase Tenpenny on Friday.
Bears HC John Fox told reporters after Sunday’s loss to the Packers that he isn’t worried about his job status.
‘‘I’ve been doing this too long to ever worry about my job security, and I won’t start any minute going forward,’’ Fox said, via the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said Monday that S Earl Thomas (hamstring) “should be back” for their Week 11 game against the Falcons. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, S Kam Chancellor will undergo some more tests for a stinger to determine exactly what is going on.
- Carroll said of LT Duane Brown (ankle): “We’ll find out. Hopefully he’ll have a chance.”
- Seahawks CB DeShawn Shead has hit “at a bit of a plateau” in his recovery and his return “remains to be seen,” according to Carroll. (Bob Condotta)
- Interestingly enough, Carroll said there’s a chance that RB Chris Carson could be back in December. (Bob Condotta)
- As for DE Cliff Avril, Carroll said there’s “nothing to report.’‘ (Bob Condotta)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien announced that Tom Savage will remain the team’s starting quarterback for their Week 11 game against the Cardinals. (John McClain)
- O’Brien was noncommittal on WR Will Fuller‘s status for Week 11 and said they’ll have to see how he feels this week coming off a rib injury. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien said of Braxton Miller playing quarterback for them on Sunday: “Just trying to mix it up a little bit. It didn’t have the effect I thought it was going to have.” (Aaron Wilson)