Home / Browns / NFL Notes: 49ers, Broncos, Browns, Seahawks & Vikings
NFL Notes: 49ers, Broncos, Browns, Seahawks & Vikings
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned during an appearance on 710 ESPN that WR Tyler Lockett underwent surgery Saturday night after he broke his fibula and tibia. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll added that Lockett could be “up and moving and working and all that’‘ in 4-6 weeks. (Bob Condotta)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Vikings CB Xavier Rhodes planned to cover Packers WR Jordy Nelson during Saturday’s game like they game planned.
- However, veteran CB Terence Newman told Rhodes that he could handle Nelson and they should just remain in their respective positions rather than Rhodes shadowing Nelson. Rhodes decided to allow Newman to cover Nelson and he was later confronted by HC Mike Zimmer on the sideline and explained what happened.
- After the game, Rhodes tried to cover for Newman telling reporters: “We felt as a team, as players, we came together and we felt like we’d never done that when we played against the Packers. Us as DBs felt like we could handle him.“
- Newman texted Josina Anderson: “There were and are no issues with anything between player and coach. The whole thing was blown out of proportion.”
- On Monday, Mike Zimmer explained that he “changed a couple calls later in the week” and he “probably wasn’t specific enough” about what was expected of their cornerbacks. (Matt Vensel)
- Interestingly enough, Zimmer said to his knowledge there was no intent from his players to intentionally go against the game plan. (Matt Vensel)
Tags Carlos Hyde Gary Kubiak Joe Haden Matt Paradis Mike Zimmer Pete Carroll Robert Griffin III Terence Newman Tyler Lockett Xavier Rhodes