- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Monday that the 49ers still owe HC Chip Kelly and former coaches $69 million.
Broncos DC Wade Phillips said Sunday that he wants to return to Denver next year, despite the fact that he’s set to be a free agent in the coming weeks.
“I want to be here,” Phillips said, via Troy Renck of ABC 7 in Denver. “I don’t want to go anywhere else.”
- Mike Garafolo mentions that with Eagles QB Carson Wentz putting together a solid finish to the season, it will solidify Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo as an offensive coordinator candidate in the coming weeks.
- Garafolo mentions that Jets and Ravens as two teams to watch for DeFilppo.
- Jets WR Brandon Marshall told reporters on Monday that he wants to play until he is 38 or 39 years old, which would be another five or six years. (Brian Costello)
- Marshall also indicated that he’s willing to take a pay cut. (Ralph Vacchiano)
Vikings WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson mentioned that he would “love” to re-sign with the Vikings, but it’s not up to him.
“Of course, I would love to be here,’’ Patterson said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “At the end of the day, that’s not my decision. That’s going to be the Vikings’, and what they want to do with me.
“Whatever happens, I’m going to be happy about it. I want to be here, but if God wants me somewhere else, I’ll just go somewhere else and be happy.’’
Meanwhile, impending free agent CB Captain Munnerlyn mentioned that he would also like to return to the Vikings next year.
“I don’t know what the future brings to me,’’ Munnerlyn said. “I don’t know if this is the last time for me coming out of this locker room going on the field with my brothers and my teammates. … I want to be back, but at the same time I know it’s a business. … If I’m not back here, I’ll definitely miss these guys.’’