- Jason Cole has confirmed with sources that the primary reason for 49ers RT Anthony Davis‘ retirement is, in fact, concussion related.
- Mike Jurecki is hearing that second-year QB Logan Thomas hasn’t made the kind of progress that the Cardinals’ coaching staff expected this season.
- According to Jurecki, backups Phillip Sims and Chandler Harnish are pushing Thomas for the No 3 quarterback job.
- Louis Riddick of ESPN wouldn’t be surprised if Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul is looking for a similar contract to Rams DE Robert Quinn‘s four-year, $66.575 million extension that included $41.268 million guaranteed.
However, Wilkerson did say that he’s still hopeful that they will be able to get a long-term deal in place at some point. (Rich Cimini)
“I guess it takes a long time. This is new to me, but hopefully something will get done soon,” Wilkerson said, per Cimini. “…I just thought, you work hard on the field, do what you gotta do … plus that’s how you’re supposed to get rewarded.”
- Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Steelers have yet to approach either LT Kelvin Beachum or LG Ramon Foster regarding a contract extension.
- Both players are in the final year of their respective contracts, but Kaboly mentions that the Steelers could place a larger emphasis on re-signing Beachum.