49ers RB Carlos Hyde, who will be an unrestricted free agent next year, said Thursday that he has told his agent that he doesn’t want to discuss a new deal during the season.
“I spoke to my agent about it, but I told him I don’t want to talk about contract extensions or anything like that right now,” Hyde said, via Cam Inman of the Mercury News. “I want to focus on getting our first win, finishing the season off. I told him if we get to that point, then we can talk about it.”
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (knee) tells Jane Slater that “at the end of the day y’all know I’m gonna play.“
- Bryant was asked if sitting out this week’s game could be best for him moving forward: “I don’t think like that. We’re on a roll. We’re on a roll to do something good. I want to be a part of that. If I’m good, I’m going to go. The way I feel right now, I expect to go.” (Jon Machota)
- Nick Korte of OverTheCap mentions that if Martellus Bennett does not qualify for the 2018 compensatory formula, the Packers would have a sixth-round pick from losing RB Eddie Lacy promoted to a fifth-round pick for the loss of DB Micah Hyde.
- Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie told reporters that veteran LB NaVorro Bowman could be a long-term fit for them: “He’s a football player. … I’m talking from an instincts and savvy standpoint.” (Michael Gehlken)
- McKenzie said of K Sebastian Janikowski (back, injured reserve): “You don’t have to rush him back; that’s for sure. Giorgio (Tavecchio) has really stepped up to the plate.” (Michael Gehlken)