- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the 49ers split the first-team quarterback reps 50-50 between Colin Kaepernick and Blaine Gabbert.
- Cole reports that Gabbert actually looked better than Kaepernick and appears to be in the lead for the job. However, he wasn’t exactly dominant during practice.
- Kaepernick looked “hesitant” on certain throws, which led to one interception.
Cowboys DT Tyrone Crawford is sitting out of practice, due to a sore back. The injury forced Crawford to undergo an MRI on Sunday after he wasn’t able to participate in the session.
- Garrett added Crawford has been dealing with issue for the last few years, but has been able to play through it.
- Todd Archer reports that Crawford’s MRI checked out fine and he’ll likely need just a couple of days before returning.
Patriots HC Bill Belichick offered some high praise for the team’s group of receivers competing for job in training camp.
“I think our competition at receiver is good, it’s probably as good as it’s been since I’ve been here,” Belichick said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “All of those guys are capable at whatever it is. They have different styles at different positions — slot guys or outside guys — but whatever it is, they’re very competitive and capable players that, I think, have a lot to offer and are going to be very competitive.
“Obviously, we can’t keep all of them, but it should be a good battle. They all have skill.”