- Derrick Gunn of CSN Philly mentioned that Eagles RB DeMarco Murray has been happy since he’s arrived in Philadelphia. (Rob Guerrera)
- Gunn added: “I’d be shocked if he’s here next year.” (Rob Guerrera)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk takes a look at the impact of the Eagles releasing Murray outright.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com has a great breakdown of the cap ramifications of the Eagles either waiving Murray in the coming weeks, trading him next year, and releasing him in either 2016 and 2017.
- Andrew Brandt points out that while Murray signed a $40 million contract with the Eagles, it’s essentially just a two years, $18 million agreement.
Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills won’t discuss a contract extension for GM Doug Whaley until after the season. However, Carucci mentions that Whaley’s long-term future with the team is “in limbo.”
- Bills signed C Ronald Patrick to their practice squad.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said their plan is for QB Peyton Manning to throw on Thursday, and for him to take part in some football activities this week. (James Palmer)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Colts QB Andrew Luck won’t practice on Wednesday, and will simply continue to focus on throwing and conditioning while his lacerated kidney heals.