- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Adrian Peterson‘s agent, Ben Dogra, met with the Vikings on Monday night. However, there is still on resolution in regards to Peterson’s situation.
- Tony Pauline reports that Florida OL Chaz Green has private workouts schedule with the Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys, Bills, Saints, and Chargers.
- Tony Pauline reports that Texas A&M Commerce WR Ricky Collins has an official visit scheduled with the Browns.
Chiefs GM John Dorsey believes they’ll eventually be able to get a long-term contract in place with OLB Justin Houston at some point.
“The way I’ll look at it, he’ll be a Kansas City Chief,” Dorsey said, per Alex Marvez.
Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie discussed their reasoning for trading RB LeSean McCoy on Tuesday.
“We’ve been talking about the asset value of LeSean for a long time,” Lurie said, via PhillyMag.com, “because he wasn’t the style of runner that Chip prefers, but a great player.”
“Getting players that fit more of what he’s all about in terms of their style of play,” Lurie added. “LeSean McCoy is a great running back — all-time franchise leader. Great guy in every way.
“To maximize his power spread offense, (Kelly has) always admired the one-cut runners. That’s what he admired. You’ve got to let a coach try to bring in the players that fit best what he’s all about to maximize what he’s trying to accomplish.”
- Free agent DT Letroy Guion‘s agent, Seth Katz, said that his legal charges have been dismissed and his client wants to be back with the in 2015. (Tyler Dunne)
- However, Greg Aiello confirmed that Guion’s case will be reviewed for potential discipline.