- Mike Freeman has spoken to NFL teams who have said that no one is all that interested in signing free agent RB Adrian Peterson right now.
- NFL teams reportedly prefer to see what happens in the draft and are content waiting to sign someone like Peterson, according to Freeman.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Chargers have done their due diligence on UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky,
- Pauline says that “several teams” are concerned that Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey is a “straight line” defender and will only do well in specific schemes.
- Indiana G Dan Feeney is scheduled to visit the 49ers and Rams this week, and he has already completed visits with the Vikings, Bears, and Colts. (Tony Pauline)
- Pauline expects Feeney to be drafted within the first 12 picks of the second round if he falls out of the first round.
- Rich Cimini writes that while it would be a surprise to see the Jets take a receiver at No. 6 overall, it’s possible that Clemson’s Mike Williams and Western Michigan’s Corey Davis could be in play for them in a trade-down scenario.
- Some names to keep an eye on for the Jets in later rounds include Penn State’s Chris Godwin, Ole Miss’ Damore’ea Stringfellow and Purdue’s Deangelo Yancey.
Tony Pauline writes that while the consensus belief is that the Texans could take a quarterback in round one, this isn’t a universally held belief from those close to the situation.
Pauline has spoken to a faction of people who believe Houston will not select at quarterback at No. 25 overall. According to Pauline, both Texans HC Bill O’Brien and the front office know they have to win now and can’t risk bringing in a developmental prospect that high in the draft.
Instead, Pauline’s source suggests a left tackle or a cornerback are more likely targets for the Texans in round one.
Pauline says that the talk of the Texans targeting Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes may be just a smokescreen.