Bears WR Alshon Jeffery was limited in Thursday’s practice, but has performed well despite his lingering calf injury.
“He looks pretty functional. He looks good. we’re just taking it one day at a time and see what that brings us,” said HC John Fox, via Patrick Finley.
- Buccaneers HC Lovie Smith told reporters that WR Mike Evans (hamstring) is feeling a “whole lot better.” (Roy Cummings)
- Smith added that if Evans wakes up feeling good on Sunday he could play in their season-opener. (Roy Cummings)
- Cardinals placed OT Rob Crisp on the practice squad injured list. (Mike Jurecki)
- Cardinals signed G Anthony Steen to their practice squad. (Mike Jurecki)
- Joel Corry of CBS mentions that the recent contract extensions signed by left tackles are likely raising Seahawks LT Russell Okung‘s salary expectations.
- Corry adds that with a number of left tackles already locked up, Okung would have less competition on the open market.
- Corry doesn’t see the Seahawks using their franchise tag on him either.
- According to Aaron Wilson, starting Texans ILB Mike Mohamed will be out two – four weeks after sustaining a calf .