- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is “pushing hard” to play.
- However, Rapoport mentions that based on Roethlisberger’s practice performance, he’ll have to improve a “ton” to return next week.
- The Steelers want to make sure Roethlisberger is ready to go before he returns to the playing field, per Rapoport.
- Adam Caplan notes that Eagles HC Chip Kelly recently purchased a house in the Philadelphia area, which is an indication that he plans to be in his current position for the remainder of his contract.
- Caplan believes Kelly not thinking about anything outside of coaching the Eagles.
- For what it’s worth, Kelly is in the third year of his five-year contract.
- Ian Rapoport reports that there have been no discussions within the Broncos about benching QB Peyton Manning.
Jason La Canfora notes that the Patriots do not have a single significant free agent to address during the offseason, which could leave them in position to target a marquee free agent.
New England is projected to have around $8 million in available cap space, but that figure could increase if they were to restructure a few contracts and the total cap increases.
“I knew they were set up pretty well,” said a cap expert from a rival team, “but I didn’t realize it was to this extent. They literally have everyone signed.“