- FCC chairman Tom Wheeler said that they will vote on Sept. 30 about ending the television blackout rules.
“With the first weekend of professional football in the books, two things should be abundantly clear,” Wheeler wrote for USA Today. “The NFL is king; and the Federal Communication Commission’s sports blackout rules are obsolete and have to go.”
- 49ers CEO Jed York says he intends to allow “due process take its course” before deciding whether to discipline DL Ray McDonald for his arrest on suspicion of domestic violence. (Associated Press)
- The Chiefs signed TE Adam Schilitz to their practice squad on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- DE Chris Long reportedly didn’t sound too optimistic about his ankle injury after Sunday’s loss to the Vikings. (Joe Lyons)
- TE Niles Paul will see an expanded role with TE Jordan Reed sidelined due to a hamstring injury. (Gene Wang)
- HC Jay Gruden mentioned that Reed will an MRI exam and could miss significant time. (Gene Wang)