Home / Jaguars / NFL Notes: Bradie Ewing, Jaguars, Patriots, Seahawks, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Bradie Ewing, Jaguars, Patriots, Seahawks, & Steelers
- Former Falcons and Jaguars FB Bradie Ewing has retired from the NFL.
- Ryan O’Halloran proposes converting a portion of TE Marcedes Lewis‘ salary into a signing bonus, which could leave him as a more attractive trade chip.
- This is similar to what the Buccaneers did with S Dashon Goldon and could result in the Jaguars recoup a late-round pick for Lewis.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston writes that the it’s not an unreasonable to think the Patriots can come away from this year’s draft with a guard that has starting potential.
- Reiss considers guard to be New England’s top area of need.
- According to Reiss, the Patriots could also target a receiver in the draft.
- ESPN’s John Clayton mentioned during an interview with “Brock and Salk” earlier this week that LB Bobby Wagner could make as much as $10 million per year in his next contract. (710 ESPN)
- In the end, Clayton expects his annual salary to be between $8-10 million. (710 ESPN)
- Should Seattle need some cap space to work with, Clayton said that releasing DT Brandon Mebane or getting him to take a pay cut could be an option for them. (710 ESPN)
Tags Bobby Wagner Bradie Ewing Brandon Mebane Dashon Goldon Marcedes Lewis Robert Golden Will Johnson