Home Broncos NFL Notes: Broncos, Browns, Chargers, Cowboys & Patriots
- A source tells Jeremy Fowler of ESPN the Rams “never felt Cleveland was serious” about trading for QB Sam Bradford.
- According to Fowler, there were a few calls back and forth, but they never led to a serious push because the Browns weren’t overly aggressive.
- One other interesting note from Fowler’s article is that the Browns discussed Rams backup quarterback Austin Davis in their conversations.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Chargers finished second to the Colts for WR Andre Johnson and they even had a flight to San Diego scheduled.
- Rapoport adds that the Chargers offered Johnson a higher salary than the Colts did.
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco said the “door is still open” to re-sign WR Eddie Royal, and that nothing is yet official with him and the Bears. (Michael Gehlken)
- Charles Robinson reports that the Patriots took themselves out of the running for CB Darrelle Revis upon hearing he was seeking $16 million per year and $40 million guaranteed.