Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Broncos, Cowboys, Raiders & Redskins
NFL Notes: Broncos, Cowboys, Raiders & Redskins
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak announced Monday that QB Trevor Siemian will get the start in Saturday’s preseason game against the Rams.
- Kubiak mentioned that he expected the quarterback competition to go this long, and plans to make a decision next week regarding who will be the team’s starter for Week 1. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Gil Brandt of NFL Media and people he has spoken to wouldn’t be surprised if first-round pick Paxton Lynch wound up as the Broncos’ starter.
- Adam Schefter reports that Cowboys first-round Ezekiel Elliott went through practice on Monday and appears to be set to make his preseason debut on Thursday against the Seahawks.
- Jason Cole reports that the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee is expected to recommend between $590M-$650M for a Las Vegas stadium to be built for the Raiders on Thursday.
- According to Cole, multiple sources have indicated there is “drama” in Vegas, which includes a meeting between Sands CEO Sheldon Adelson and the governor set for Wednesday.
- Even so, Cole says that there is still expected to be a recommendation to fund the project, and there’s also growing government support for the project.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters that RB Matt Jones is out for the rest of the remainder of the preseason, but has already made “great strides” in his recovery from a shoulder injury.
Tags Ezekiel Elliott Matt Jones Paxton Lynch Sheldon Adelson Trevor Siemian