- QB Kyle Orton contract includes $3 million guaranteed that will be paid out as a signing bonus. (Adam Caplan)
- Orton’s 2014 base salary will be $2.5 million. (Adam Caplan)
- Dolphins signed DE Gerald Rivers to their practice squad and released DE D’Aundre Reed. (Adam Beasley)
“I’m extremely excited for Week 1,” Jackson said. “It’s been a training camp that I missed the majority of the time, but I’ve been working hard physically and mentally to prepare for this coming Sunday; I feel good about it.”
- The Giants brought in players including Ball State WR Willie Snead to tryout for final two practice squad spots. (Dan Graziano)
- HC Bill Belichick explained that the staff is still deciding on TE Rob Gronkowski‘s Week 1 availability, despite Gronkowski claiming on Monday that he will play. (Phil Perry)
“I’m glad that Rob’s optimistic about this situation,” Belichick said. “We’ll go through the week of practice and take a look at everything, everybody, and see where everybody’s at and try to do what we feel like is best for the team. With all due respect to Rob — I’m glad he feels the way he does — but, in the end, we’ll have to make the decision we feel like is best for the team and we’ll do that as we go through the week.”
- Vikings signed G Austin Wentworth to their practice squad and have released DB Kendall James.