- Browns GM Ray Farmer apologized to the fans and took responsibility for texting down to the sidelines in the middle of games.
“I take full responsibility for my actions,” Farmer said, per Mike Garafolo.
- Farmer added that his emotions got the best of him in regards to why he texted his coaching staff.
- Farmer said there’s no need to mend fences with HC Mike Pettine. (Marc Sessler)
- On the topic of Johnny Manziel, Farmer said they understood the “red flags” regarding Manziel before drafting him. (Marc Sessler)
- Farmer mentioned that they plan to restock the quarterback room, but wouldn’t say if he’s met with free agent QB Brian Hoyer. (Marc Sessler)
- Farmer stressed that all options are on the table for them this offseason.
- Farmer said that they are looking to a starting quarterback in the coming months.
- Farmer didn’t rule out trading up for a quarterback in this year’s draft.
- HC Bruce Arians says that RB Andre Ellington split the tendon in his left foot. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Arians added that he expects Ellington’s role to expand next season.
- Arians said that QB Carson Palmer is “at least 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule” with knee rehab. (Dan Graziano)
- Arians expects WR John Brown‘s role to grow in the coming years.
- Arians mentioned that he expects CB Antonio Cromartie to reach free agency, but wants him back next year. (Rich Cimini)
- Packers GM Ted Thompson said they would “like to re-sign all our free agents.” (Around The NFL)
- Thompson said that Mike McCarthy’s decision to give up play-calling duties was because he wanted to “spread himself out more.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said that they’re “not going to look for a running back in free agency.’’ (Chris Tomasson)
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman said he likes QB Matt Cassel, but wouldn’t say whether they’ve decided to bring him back as their backup next season. (Chris Tomasson)