Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Cowboys, Ravens
NFL Notes: Browns, Cowboys, Ravens
- Browns DL coach Clyde Simmons called second-year DE Emmanuel Ogbah a “classic left end” and Dan Labbe of the Cleveland Plain Dealer expects him to have the opportunity to start opposite of first-round DE Myles Garrett.
- According to Labbe, Browns OTs Shon Coleman and Cameron Erving are competing for the starting right tackle role.
- Labbe writes that QB Cody Kessler is the Browns No. 1 quarterback “for now” and thinks it would be best for the team to keep him as the starter early on in the regular season.
- Although, Labbe adds that it will be difficult for the Browns to keep second-round QB DeShone Kizer on the bench if he shows more potential than Kessler.
- According to Jeff Zrbeic of the Baltimore Sun, Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore has been dealing “myriad” of injuries but is expected to be ready for training camp.
- Many assumed that the injury to Dennis Pitta and the year-long suspension handed down to Darren Waller would lead the Ravens to show interest in free agent TE Gary Barnidge, but he says that hasn’t been the case. (NFLTR)
Tags Cameron Erving Cedric Thornton Clyde Simmons Cody Kessler Crockett Gillmore DeShone Kizer Emmanuel Ogbah Gary Barnidge Maliek Collins Myles Garrett Shon Coleman